ABRUPTO

9.11.10


EARLY MORNING BLOGS

1905 - Who Likes The Rain?

1st stanza:

“I,” said the duck. “I call it fun,
For I have my red rubbers on;
They make a little three-toed track,
In the soft, cool mud, - quack! quack!”

2nd stanza:

“I!” cried the dandelion. “I!
My roots are thirsty, my buds are dry.”
And she lifted a tousled yellow head
Out of her green and grassy bed.

3rd stanza:

“I hope ‘twill pour! I hope ‘twill pour!”
Purred the tree-toad at the gray bark door,
“For, with a broad leaf for a roof,
I am perfectly waterproof.”

4th stanza:

Sang the brook: “I laugh at every drop.
And wish they never need to stop
Till a big, big river I grow to be,
And could find my way to the sea.”

5th stanza:

“I,” shouted Ted, “for I can run,
With my high-top boots and rain-coat on,
Through every puddle and runlet and pool,
I find on the road to school.

(Clara Doty Bates)

(url)

© José Pacheco Pereira
Site Meter [Powered by Blogger]