ABRUPTO

12.2.04


POEIRA

Hoje , há setenta e sete anos atrás, Virgínia Woolf descobria que tinha pouco cabelo e essa situação não se iria alterar. Virgínia escreve que, agora que não tinha mais “any claims to beauty”, havia que tirar proveito disso:

Having no longer, I think, any claims to beauty the convenience of this alone makes it desirable. Every morning I go to take up [my] brush and twist that old coil round my finger and fix it with hairpins and then with a start of joy, no I needn't. In front there is no change behind I'm like the rump of a partridge. This robs dining out of half in terrors.”

Também hoje, há cinquenta e três anos atrás, John Steinbeck inaugurou o seu novo quarto para escrever. Tudo no sítio, mesa e cadeiras confortáveis, lápis aguçado, “paper persuasive”, boa luz e …”no writing”.

Now that I have everything, we shall see whether I have anything. It is exactly that simple.”

Nesse ano Steinbeck escreveu East of Eden.

(url)

© José Pacheco Pereira
Site Meter [Powered by Blogger]